Sunday, February 24, 2008

Day 55: "Hope, no matter how different we are, connects us all." -Oscar winner, Marketa Irglova

Today, is one of my favorite days of the year. Without a doubt. Oscar Day.

Just typing the word makes me happy, gleeful almost. This year's seems extra special. The combination of not having seen one in two years, Jon Stewart, having seen all the best picture noms, and as it's the 80th telecast, the guarantee of tear-inducing montages.

Yay.

The only bad thing was trying to come up with something new in honor of the day, as I've done it all, including practicing my acceptance speech a hundred times. So I went with the boring but completely new, and made a list of all the best picture winners, and marked the ones I have seen. I like lists and I like movies, so I like this new thing. And it's always fun to get the "oh my gosh you haven't seen [fill in the blank]!" that will surely follow.

*Click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment