Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day 40: Little gold man

I LOVE movies. If it hasn't already been made clear with many of my new things being inspired by films, I'm sure it will be in the coming months. Today I achieved something I've always wanted to do. After seeing "There Will be Blood" today, I have now seen all of the best picture Oscar nominees, before the ceremony.

I always say I'm going to do it, but never do. But when the nominations came out, and I had seen 3 of 5, I knew this was the year.

My rankings of the five, and one sentence review. Only two weeks until the big show!

1. Atonement (Beautiful and haunting, nearly as good as the book.)
2. There Will Be Blood (Different, surprisingly funny, and perfectly-acted.)
3. Juno (Really funny and well-written.)
4. Michael Clayton (Surprising plot, interesting camera-work, good casting.)
5. No Country for Old Men (Very well-made and acted, but scary and disturbing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment