Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 8: Wise men say, only fools rush in

Now, for no particular reason, and maybe just by accident, I'm not a big Elvis fan. I guess I was never really exposed to his music and just don't seek it out. But as a note on my History Channel "On this Day" calendar informed me it was his birthday, I thought I should do something new in honor of that. So I bought "Suspicious Minds" and "Can't Help Falling in Love" on iTunes, and then headed over to Elvis.com to do some exploring in honor of the King's day of birth.

I read his biography, some of his quotes, watched a video on the Graceland holiday decorations, and read the informative FAQ section. I watched a virtual tour of a few rooms in Graceland, including a living room with a 15-foot couch! (And Daddy thought keeping up with the pillows on our old furniture was hard.)

Finally, I left him a birthday message on the virtual wall. I may not be a huge fan, but I can certainly appreciate the heartfelt messages left by people of all ages from all over the world.
"I ain't no saint, but I've tried never to do anything that would hurt my family or offend God...I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world."
-Elvis Presley

3 comments:

  1. I dont really care for the King either.. But I do like In the Ghetto. I do remember he died when I was at Girl Scout Camp in the Florida Keys. The security guard told us about it when he came on duty that night. Yes, we had a security guard that was when those girl scouts got killed while on a camp out. Pretty scary stuff, I just knew someone was going to drag us out of our tents and kill us. Those where the times... HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Bonnie that last comment was from Amee, Hit enter too soom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Mom have some crazy Girl Scout stories. Though, the girl who's parents moved while she was at camp wasn't Mom, obviously, still some crazy stories. Yours is quite terrifying though, I would have been long gone.

    ReplyDelete