Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 21: Honoring the dream

In my un-codified list of heroes, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is high up there. I admire his supreme dedication to his faith and social beliefs, his courage and fortitude, and for the effect he had on his country. I know the recent trend to diminish his importance by questioning his personal life, but, for me, it doesn't really matter at this point. I admire the work he has done too much.

In honor of today, I donated a few dollars to Build the Dream, the fund to build a memorial to him in Washington, DC. I am always intrigued by memorials, their design and function, and would like to see his come to fruition.

"Darkness can not drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate, only love can do that."



No comments:

Post a Comment