Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 28: Kid you good lookin' but you don't know what's cookin' till you hey mambo

Aside from my propensity to talk with my hands, and my knowledge of native obscene gestures, I pretty much fail at being a 25% Italian woman. I have trouble pronouncing gnocchi. I buy whatever spaghetti is on sale. And I'd be more likely to use a pasta maker to iron socks than make actual pasta. But nevertheless, I love my Italian food and my Italian heritage. And my spaghetti, which I spiced up tonite with some seasoning and a little tomato creation on the side. I added some basil and garlic, which took my 99 cent Harris Teeter brand angel hair pasta to another level. I also took a few slices of tomato, added mozzarella and basil, and microwaved for 15 seconds. I have no idea what this is called, but it was good.
Thanks to Steve & Barry's for my wardrobe tonite, which I thought only appropriate.

My only regret? That I was too chicken to try a little parsely, sage, rosemary, and thyme, in honor of Mr. Simon and Mr. Garfunkel. (But mainly Mr. Garfunkel because he's my fave.) Oh well, something new to try another day.

2 comments:

  1. I dont like tomatoes but they sure look good on your plate!
    Amee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They look a bit moldy in the picture, but I swear it's just the basil.

    ReplyDelete