Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 22: I swear I think book stores are sacred

I used to use dressing rooms in London to fix my hair and make-up before a job interview or going to the theatre. With free public restrooms seriously lacking in most of Europe, I had to get creative when needing to add a little blush or brush my hair while out and about for the day. Just head to Gap or Top Shop, grab a pair of jeans for cover, and spruce away.

Today, however, I took using public facilities to a different use while out and about, when I changed my clothes in the bathroom of a Books-a-Million.

It was not until I actually typed that last sentence that I realize how ludicrous/sketchy/pathetic this sounds. But, in my defense, it was in the 30s, I had on a suit, heels, and panty hose, and it was FREEZING. And my feet hurt. And I still feel like a child playing dress up in her mother's clothes whenever I wear my suit, so I wanted to get out of it and into jeans ASAP. (Jeans, which, by the way, I bought for $7 at Gap! Heck yes.)

Thanks to the BAM in Old Town Alexandria, and your bathroom key attached to a giant piece of plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment