Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 320: $%&@ Terps!!!! Go Heels!!!!

Oh, I love my Heels. Really and truly, even when they lose. Especially the football team as I have gotten quite used to them losing over the years. So this whole winning, national ranking, actually tackling thing they are doing this year is quite exciting. So exciting that I bought tickets and travelled to Maryland, venturing on to enemy Terp territory, to stand in the rain for close to four hours, to watch my Heels play, for the first time not in CH.

Our awesome seats:
I had lovely company, and I loved seeing my first UNC football game in three years. But the combination of being sick and the cold and rain and horrible Terp fans and a newly broken camera and, oh yeah, losing, made it less than ideal. But would I do it again? Absolutely.

And, I can say with absolute certainty, that Terps are some of the nastiest lifeforms on the planet. I know Heels fans aren't perfect, but I'm not sure I've ever been around such a lack of sportsmanship and grace. And of course the snobby Tar Heel that I am can only say, well, it's because they go to Maryland.

(Thanks to the roommate, Brandie, for the picture, as my camera is still refusing to turn on.)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you went... Cant believe they lost though...especially with so much on the line. Maybe other teams will lose and help us out!!! But then again Tarheel basketball has started.. College basketball best sport in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete