Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 313: Sweet, sweet day

On a beautiful fall day, I headed a few blocks to visit Eastern Market, where I had a strawberry and Nutella crepe, my first crepe in the States. I used to get them in London, and hadn't realized how much I missed them until today. Maintaining the tradition started over there, I got in line with the intention of making it my lunch by getting ham and cheese, but ended up with a sweet one instead. (But I still made it my lunch.)

I also visited perhaps the craziest used book store ever, with books literally stacked floor to ceiling. I would love to take all my books and decorate a room in my house like that one day.

Picture of the cubby hole in the tree where I ate my crepe. At first it reminded me of Boo Radley's hiding place for Jem and Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird. But then I realized a woodland creature could emerge and attack at any second, and finished up crepe rather quickly.

Pictures from my phone of the trees as I walked. The leaves were far brighter and more vivid in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment