Saturday, January 4, 2014

January 4: Pop Music Chart Day



In high school I used to love looking at the Billboard charts our paper would print every week. (I think it was either on Tuesday or Wednesday.) I liked to chart my favorite bands and see who had suddenly risen or fallen. It's been years since I looked at a chart--I don't even know if they're still printed in the newspaper--so I thought this would be a good day to observe.

I went to the Billboard Hot 100 chart and decided to listen to the number one song. Which is Monster by Rihanna...and Eminem. My love for Rihanna is well known, and I believe my complete and utter hatred for Eminem is also well known, but I listened to it anyway.

Damn you, Rihanna, for being so wonderful that I almost ignore Eminem. Well, not ignore, just tune out for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment