Friday, January 3, 2014

January 3: Drinking Straw Day


Today was a celebration of the creation of the drinking straw by Marvin C. Stone in 1888.

I love straws. My favorite are bendy straws, of course, but I've really gotten into the pretty paper straws that have become more popular the last few years. I'm currently on my third box of these that I use every day at work.


It so happened that straw day coincided with my family birthday celebration. We tried a new restaurant in the downtown of my hometown. I brought my own straws to ensure we could adequately honor the occasion.


It was a wonderful time with my family. We laughed a lot and just had a good time. I was spoiled by my siblings, as usual. Melissa brought some crackers and we all wore our crowns and played with the little toys before we left.


As a bonus, we got to go up and down my favorite street at Christmas: Center Street. It makes my heart happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment