Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 78: Je vois la vie en rose

Thanks to being a contributing member of society once again - i.e. receiving a steady paycheck - I can allow myself the luxury of renewing my Netflix subscription. I received my first movie, "La Vie en Rose," a few days ago, and watched it tonite. Or, read it tonite, as it was subtitled. (And the amount of words I knew without the subtitles was disgustingly low. Did I toil and trudge through three semester of it at Carolina for nothing? Apparently so.)

But as I was trying to paint my nails and read/watch at the same time, something had to give. Thus I attempted painting one of my hands whilst reading the screen. Surely after years and years of painting my nails, I'd be deft enough to do it without actually looking at the nail?

Nope. But I am very good at removing nail polish from my entire finger without looking. And very very good at admitting defeat, pausing the movie, and trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment