Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 73: Saving for a rainy day

In an effort to avoid seeing my bank account balance and having a panic attack, I'm trying to be better with keeping track of what I spend and save. I've tried keeping an emergency $20 in my wallet before, but as "emergency" in my mind occasionally means purchasing British Glamour and then splurging at Starbucks...I never manage to keep it around long. Mom suggested I take some and hide it in my room somewhere instead. The principle, I suppose, being that I'll save while not constantly being reminded of its prescence. (I.e. the way Mr. Jackson would call to me from the "secret" wallet compartment when I passed Barnes and Noble.) Thus there is now a $20 bill hidden in my room. Hopefully I'll add to it every week or so and can splurge on something nice at the end of the year.

Or, if in two weeks this whole budgeting thing was just a passing fad, and I have no money for food, someone can remind me of this post, please.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bonnie, As I sit here (may I remind you only a few blocks from the ACC Tourney) why don't you give your extra few dollars to UNC so me and you can go to the tourney. $30,000 a yesr will get you 4 upper lever seats for Basketball season in the Dean Dome. Sounds like a plan to me!!! What about you???? When I win the lottery, I am callling UNC and see how much a coupe of those nice seats near the floor are. That is where I belong.... They were selling tickets like crazy after the second game yesterday. Of course I didnt tink about it till I saw it on the news. Leaving work at 12 today to watch my beloved HEELS!! GO HEELS!!!
    Love you,
    Amee

    ReplyDelete