Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 356: Joyful, joyful

I've actually had today's activities in mind for about a month now. Trying again to make sure I stay the December Doldrums, I've been looking for things to keep me happy and occupied.

First up, a trip to see the National Christmas Tree, National Menorah, and the official North Carolina tree.
(I thought I'd seen the National Tree last year, but appartently only from afar, as I realized I never got this close last year.)

I took some pictures along Pennsylvania, before heading to Barnes and Noble for some warmth.

Finally, I headed to the Kennedy Center to see Elisabeth von Trapp, granddaughter of THE von Trapps, perform for free on the Millennium Stage. I didn't eat much today and started feeling poorly, so I had to leave early. But I did get to hear a few stories about her family, hear her sing one of my new faves, "What Child is This?" and then a few Sound of Music songs.
All in all, a great day. And now only a few more to go before HOME.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Sound of Music... I bet that was neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Sound of Music... I bet that was neat.

    ReplyDelete