Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 338: Too much work

*New camera received! Scroll down, down, down for pictures!*

I recently read this article, which claims more people are turning away from blogs, and to sites like Twitter, in order to update others on their opinions and lives with as much brevity as possible. I read another article, somewhere, on the rapidly decreasing ooh something shiny attention span of my generation. Not sure if the chicken or the egg came first, but it's sad.

But most of the time I like my blog and am not going anywhere anytime soon, except maybe to Brandie, my friend/roommate's blog. I wrote in hers today, my first entry in someone else's blog.

It took far longer than it should have and I'm not sure I lived up to her witty and general insightful musings, but I tried. More or less. And this is what I wrote:

Wednesday, December 3, 2008
“I’m only going to say this once and I’m going to need you to remember it...F**k off!”

Ah yes, that's the sweet little Brandie we all know and love. No, the stress of grad school hasn't completely gotten to her, causing her to talk in the third person. This is her roommate, Bonnie, writing in her blog as part of my year-long goal of a new thing every day. (And because it's Wine Wednesday at the B&B and it seemed like a good idea at the time.)

Approximately once a week she will shuffle into the room in her slippers and whine to me about what she should write here. (And yes, despite her constantly accusing me of whining, she does it as well.) Most of my post ideas are ignored, meaning you miss out on such illustrious topics as why Luigi is her favorite Mario Brother and how she likes to mimic Irish accents. But who needs those when you can picture her chasing a cat around to deep fry?

Tonite's discussion – and perhaps a future blog post? – centered on whether or not she should jump into freezing water in Maryland in January…for charity. Yeah, I don't get it either. But history has proven crazy stunts draw attention, money, and action. And if it means she has to get blazing drunk for warmth and shrivels up like a prune, then writes about it for all of us, I'll give her $10 for the kids, or dolphins, or something. DC really has opened up a whole new world for me of people helping people. People offer me cough drops on the metro, twice, while Brandie plays therapist to cab drivers and risks pneumonia for the kids. Who says DC is just a corrupt non-state full of crooked politicians? Not us, most of the time.

Ok, she keeps asking me what I'm writing about and when I'm going to be finished, which means I have annoyed her sufficiently for the night, my work is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment