Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 297: Bye bye

First, it was the actual moving away. Then, it was the taxes, voter registration, and checks. And now, begrudgingly, I shed yet another vestige of my life in the Old North State by getting a DC ID card.

And what is my punishment for moving away and making this leap? A wonky eye. Yes, continuing the tradition started in my permit picture, where my shoulders were at my ears, and my last ID card, where my hair was messy and too dark, I took another bad DMV picture. This time, the flash made me blink, but only with one eye, thus making me look like this:


Since I've been making fun of her eye for years. I suppose you could call this karma. But when I typed "wonky eye" in Google image search, the first 20 were her, and I laughed some more. Oops.

I don't like the card colors and while the shot of the Capitol in the background is nice, it's not the Cape Hatteras lighthouse or Wright Brothers plane. Though, I am quite happy to no longer have the "UNDER 21" emblazoned by my head in yellow. At least I maintain the 919 area code and my continual payments to UNC, can't quite shake my sweet Carolina just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment