Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 280: Walk tall

How is it already Monday? Just doesn't seem fair. But it is and it was back to the grindstone and work work work. But the work was broken up a bit when I received my bridesmaid shoes for the wedding, sent to me ahead of time so I could break them in. And what better way to break them in than to strut down King Street, from the office to the metro in high heels, 8/10 of a mile on brick.

And by strut I of course mean hobble and stumble my way along like a drunk person. I'm quite certain had I been brave enough to turn around, there would have been a group of people following me taking bets on when I would faceplant, or exactly how many martinis I had in my system. Oh, if only they knew that not even four years of tripping on the bricks in Chapel Hill could prepare me for fancy high heels on the bricks of Old Town Alexandria.

No comments:

Post a Comment