Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 275: Bailout smackdown

One of my favorite lines from Friends is when someone tells Phoebe to "dial down the crazy." I have pretty much adopted this as my mantra in life. I fully embrace my weirdness, my neuroticness, my geekiness - aka my life - and am not ashamed of any of my crazy quirks.

However, I do have just enough social grace to realize you can't let it all hang out all at once. No need to walk up to someone and say, "Hi, I'm Bonnie, I sleep with a blanket, can't touch raw meat, have been known to alphabetize the books and DVDs of others, and have an all-consuming fear of birds. How are you?" That being said, in a discussion at work about organization I admitted to owning multiple label makers, alphabetizing everything, color coordinating my clothing, and having mild panic attacks when things are not as I want them. The multiple label makers and clothes coordination got the biggest reaction. Oh well. At least I haven't labeled the colors. Yet.

Note: my new thing could have been hanging around outside the Capitol whilst the Senate debated the bailout. However, the roommate refused to cooperate with my desire to spy on/wave at/interrupt the proceedings of our government. This is technically also new as I normally attempt to enlist Karey in my plans to infiltrate official business. At least she had a good excuse, she was already infiltrating, I believe Brandie was just tired.

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, You put my DVDS in ABC order and can you believe Lamar still keeps them that way. Years after you did it.
    Love, Amee

    ReplyDelete