Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 285: Going to the chapel (more or less)

And that's that. My big sister is now a Mrs., Joey finally has a brother, and our family gained three new members in the end. Melissa was the prettiest bride I've ever seen, and one of the happiest too. And Mike wasn't too shabby, either. :-)



It was a beautiful ceremony and great reception with the much-loved wedding soup and full of lots of fun and laughing. And full of lots of new too. Obviously my new doesn't compare to Melissa and Mike's, but...



It was my first wedding of a sibling, my first time in a wedding, and first time catching a bouquet. (Which only took two threats of bodily harm and minimal elbow action.) I also helped a bride go to the bathroom and gave a speech only about five minutes after writing it. But we'll leave those last two out of the official compendium of new things.



I am so happy and proud of my sister, and my new brother-in-law, and my new nieces. That's all.



Pictures from the amazing family and wedding photographer, Aunt Shannon. (Let me know if you would prefer I not post them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment