Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 260: One day...

At the end of the day – actually, throughout the day thanks to a causal work environment – I am basically a jeans and t-shirt girl. Even though my "t-shirt" is usually a collared shirt or blouse, the jeans are a mainstay. And when I find a pair I like, I wear them out. My current favorite pair, bought at a random store on Regent Street in London, has a hole in one knee, and is wearing dangerously thin in the butt and crotch. (I really should stop wearing them or my next new thing is going to be exposing myself.)

However, even these aren't perfect, as they are too big in the waist to compensate for the length of my legs. A few years ago I decided that it was time to invest in a pair of "premium" jeans, like Sevens, Paper, Denim and Cloth, True Religion, etc. A few years later, I'm still working up the courage and mindset to drop close to $200 for a pair of jeans. Last night, frustrated with my fruitless search, I went to Filene's determined to find a pair I like and at least comfort myself in getting them for the low price of $99.

Alas, I still couldn't do it. But I did try on a pair of Joe's Jeans, and a pair of Sevens that actually fit, unlike past attempts. The Joe's Jeans, clearly living up to the high standard the name Joe carries, were really nice and far softer than the Sevens. But for now the search will be continuing indefinitely.

1 comment:

  1. Expose yourself ????
    $200 for a pair of jeans ?!?!?!
    What else would you except from the jean expert !!!

    and yes I read your blog every few weeks.


    JOE C

    ReplyDelete