Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 162: Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (and quills that actually write)

I don't think that there is a museum or gallery gift shop in the entirety of London and DC that has not seen me and my debit card. But I just don't know how anyone could resist the aforementioned space ice cream, or a quill, just like the Founding Fathers used. (Or not since it's a ball point pen jammed in a fake feather.)

And I bought one, so I can pretend that I'm my boy TJ, working on his Declaration, preparing to release the colonies from the tyrannous grip of King George, setting the Revolution in motion, without which there would be no need for, what's that thing, the Constitution? (That is for you, Karey, of course.)

No declaration for me tonite, sadly, as I am still hunting for something to overthrow or revolt or declare against. But I did "write" with my quill pen in my journal. I say "write" because no ink actually came out. I spent $5 on a pen crammed in a feather that doesn't work. I'm sure the gift shops during the FF's time were much better-stocked.

National Archives (where I bought the pen)
Ceiling
Me and the Declaration (blurry because of no flash rule)

No comments:

Post a Comment