Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 158: Yes, I do happen to like gay people

This probably makes no sense...

I have these two random memories from high school, regarding rainbow magnets in my locker and rainbow painted toenails, prompting more than one person to ask if I "liked gay people." It still makes me clench my teeth at the ignorance and homophobia I used to (and still do) come in contact with. (It also makes me wish I was as vocal and bitchy then as I am now because I think I could have had a lot of fun putting people in their place.) I was reminded of this tonite, randomly, when I bought some super-cute rainbow pajama shorts (on sale) at VS. This is new because I don't have any rainbow pajama pants, and it's been awhile since I've been able to retroactively feel like I'm sticking it to people who used to piss me off. (And belittle me for my "liberal" views.)

No comments:

Post a Comment