Monday, July 11, 2011

Certain Magnificence

"It is not really necessary to look too far into the future, we see enough already to be certain it will be magnificent. Only let us hurry and open the roads."
-Wilbur Wright
  
Wright Brothers Memorial
Kitty Hawk, NC

I consider myself neither optimistic nor pessimistic, more like just realistic. But I appreciate Wilbur's optimism in this sentiment. Granted, he was in the process of forever changing history by daring to assert that (wo)man could fly, so I'm sure it was looking pretty magnificent from where he was sitting. His words just scream faith to me. Faith that hard work will pay off. Faith that every setback is an opportunity. Faith in a vision of the future. I'm far too realistic right now to have that much faith in certain magnificence, but it's a really nice idea. A really nice idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment