Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 146: "It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage." (Indiana Jones)

Absolutely NO spoilers ahead.
When I was in the sixth grade, as part of a creative writing assignment, I wrote my own Indiana Jones sequel, where, exhausted after his journey to recover the Holy Grail, he went on vacation in Hawaii. Riveting, I know. (To be fair, I think I was probably influenced by the "Full House" in Hawaii episodes. Uncle Jesse and the Beach Boys have a lot of sway with me.)

Thankfully, Jr.'s latest adventure was far more exciting, and allowed me to see Indiana Jones on the big screen, for the first time. Exciting and funny, it was good, not great, yet.

Though the first one was released before I was born, and the last when I was just five, I have seen them all enough to last several people's lifetimes. Thanks in large part to my Dad, but Mom too, I don't think the channel has ever been changed in our house when Indy is on.

And I still cringe when they open the Ark of the Covenant, and still hold my breath as he decides which Grail to drink from. And despite a perpetually weak stomach, the scene where the heart is ripped from the guy's chest, is still one of my all time favorites, of any movie. I'm thinking another dozen or so viewings of this one will have me cringing and gasping too, in the good way. Nineteen years, and definitely worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie,
    I thought it was good too. bear hated to tarzan sceen, but it was good. at first i didn't like the ending, (u know what i didn't like) but it made sence if u think about it

    ReplyDelete