Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 103: Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks

I've never made it a secret about how I feel about baseball. I hate it. I'm determined that should I ever become president I will outlaw it, or at the very least limit it to five innings. (It's all you need, really.)

But, as my office has season tickets, and the Nationals are right here, and on the metro line, I jumped at the chance at some free tickets on the 3rd base line, and attended my first Major League Baseball/Washington Nationals game. Mom and Daddy came up for the occasion, and despite the 1.5 hour rain delay, and sitting in said rain, I think we all had fun. Warm, overpriced beer for them, a hot dog and nachos for me, peanuts and cracker jacks for all. Is there anything else we really need?
And to top it all off, we were playing the Braves, whom I cheer for solely because of Joey's supreme love and devotion to them. (And because I truly think he would disown me if I didn't.) I was not expecting to be so excited over the few players I could recognize, or even to care at all about the game. But I did. It's more exciting in person, and while I will not be sitting down to watch any on TV anytime soon, I will re-think the whole outlawing thing.

John Smoltz and Chipper Jones (coughadulterercough) having a chat.

A history geek's dream: giant-headed racing presidents! And TJ wins it all!

2 comments:

  1. You know what you should ban instead of baseball...college basketball...one quarter is MORE than enough!!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am telling you Bonnie, we found Shannon under a rock... Cause I know she wrote the above comment.She is just upset because her bracket sucked!!!!

    ReplyDelete