- When a metro train pulls up right as I get off the escalator.
- Anything argyle
- Huggy sweaters (Sweaters that make you want to hug someone/be hugged.)
- Fountains, chandeliers, tiaras, and pearls
- Scalding hot showers
- When my bank account has more money than I thought it did.
- Finishing a book in a day because I had the time and it was just that good.
- Lounging around in a pair of jeans and a Carolina hoodie.
- Bebe chapstick from Germany
- When things match
- "I look at you, and I'm home." (Finding Nemo)
- Exclamation points
- Anything Carolina blue
- Being warm.
- When my friends just "get it."
- Reading a book or article and thinking, "I could do better."
- Anytime there's a new episode of a favorite TV show, especially when I thought it was going to be a repeat.
- Every time the space shuttle lifts off.
- Center Street at Christmas, The Old Well, Big Ben, and The White House
- "If I could just find a place that made me feel like Tiffany's, I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name." (Breakfast at Tiffany's)
- To be continued...
Friday, February 5, 2010
It comes very naturally for me to be ragey and cynical. But I saw on several other blogs where they were listing their simple pleasures, and thought that in light of how ragey and cynical I've been lately/always, I'd make that today's soapbox. A few of my simple pleasures are: