Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 236: Law of the land

So far the prime perk of my new place has been the location. I knew I was not very happy with life in the suburb-like Arlington, but I had forgotten how much I missed the city until I got here. And today I walked from my apartment to Capitol Hill, past the Library of Congress and the Supreme Court, which I had somehow never passed before. I've seen pretty much all of the important buildings here after this one, even though its beauty was slightly marred by the scaffolding, not that I should have been surprised.

Sadly, no sign of my favorite justice, Ruth Bader G. I also later read in front of the Capitol, which has far lusher grass than I've been able to find elsewhere, and obviously, a stunning view.

1 comment:

  1. If you happen to walk by the lovely IRS could you give them the finger and yell that is from my Aunt Amee. I would appreciate it more than I could tell you!!!

    ReplyDelete