Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 217: "Des mots, des mots, des mots." (William Shakespeare)

On one of the many blogs I read, they mentioned a new creative tool for word-lovers, Wordle. Being a word lover myself - cliched, yes, but true - I immediately checked it out. You can enter any text you like and it will generate "word clouds," and change the size of words according to their frequency. Then you can either randomize or customize yourself. Tonite, taking other people's texts, I created and shared my own Wordles. And found a new addiction in the process.

First, the lyrics to "Learning to Fly," by Tom Petty, and where the title of this blog comes from.
The lyrics to one of my favorite U2 songs, "Stuck in a Moment."And finally, I have a document on my computer full of UNC quotes that I've collected over the years, and that I still add to. Here it all is in a word cloud. (Select to make bigger.)

No comments:

Post a Comment