Wednesday, November 1, 2006

"So now I am a liberal, communist, feminist. Are you proud?"

Portobello Road pictures added!

Today's post title comes from an e-mail from Karey. Better watch out what you e-mail me because you never know where it might show up. :-) Oh, and yes Karey, I am very very proud.

Now for a series of completely un-related thoughts.

  • It's cold today. First day I had to wear a hat and gloves in addition to my pashmina and coat. But at least it wasn't windy...yet. But apparently we are going to be getting "Arctic winds" for the next few days. Oh joy.
  • Basketball starts tonite!!!!!!!!
  • Speaking of UNC, the number of people I've seen over here wearing UNC hoodies: 3. The number of guys who I'm pretty sure thought I was hitting on them because I grinned when I saw what they were wearing: 1. I quickly walked away while shaking my head. Oops. Can't help that I liked his shirt and not him.
  • I have noticed my accent getting stronger over here. As in my Southern accent, not a British one. Maybe it's because I'm perpetually exhausted and that always leads to more of a drawl as I don't have the energy to make words the proper two syllables instead of six. Or maybe it's because on my reception days I say things like "ring him on his mobile" or have started saying "France" like "Frahnce" and "Grant" like "Grahnt" and I am trying to compensate. Either way, there appears to be no danger of me losing what little bit of an accent I have while over here.
  • Tonite I am going to see the play "Spamalot." I've never seen anything Monty Python, but because it was such a hit on Broadway, is getting rave reviews over here, and is advertised as one of the funniest shows in years, I decided to give it a shot. Tim Curry is one of the stars and I think it will be cool to see him. Right now I'm reading all about Monty Python on Wikipedia so I don't go blindly into the show. I'm a little worried I won't get the jokes because I don't know anything about anything, but we'll see. Will review here later of course.

I think that's it for now. I ran around like a crazy person at work on Tuesday, barely sat down for five minutes all day, which meant I crashed at about 9:30, only to wake up at 11:30 unable to go back to sleep. Today is reception day, so I get a chance to rest and maybe even respond to all the e-mails I can't seem to get to. I have hit another e-mail rut unfortunately so if you are waiting to hear back from me you aren't the only one and it's nothing personal!

No comments:

Post a Comment