Monday, August 13, 2012

Things I Learned This Weekend


The inability to sleep in is the worst way to end a stressful and tiring week.
For some completely baffling reason, and despite going to bed at midnite, I woke up at 6:47 on Saturday morning, wide awake. (It's important to note, that this is an hour earlier than I get up during the week.) I started watching Netflix on my phone, which usually lulls me to sleep, but instead, I was just ready to start my day.

Pretty Little Liars is a completely ridiculous and completely addicting tv show.
Ok, fine, I'm hooked. I saw the pilot when it first aired but wasn't interested and hadn't seen any more episodes until I caught a few with the roommate. Now, I'm just addicted and watched almost the entire first season this reason thanks to Netlix.


You can get a lot done before noon when you've been up since 7.
I had some errands to run near my apartment and managed to get them all in and pick up lunch by noon. And since it was so cool I didn't have to worry about sweating slimey lotion.

It's important to open a window when spray painting indoors.
I spray painted again this weekend and during the first round forgot to open the window. It was a bit smelly, to say the least. 

One of my weekend spray paint projects: Big Ben.

Pinterest + Recommendation of friend = Clean couch
I'd seen a tutorial on Pinterest many times for cleaning a microfiber couch with rubbing alcohol and a sponge. After my friend Lauren tried it and verified its effectiveness, I gave it a shot. I didn't flip the cushions over and do the dirtier sides, but the rest of it is looking brighter.

Spray paint and rubbing alcohol fumes make for a good napping environment.
Just kidding. I think my surprisingly short nap was due more to the early wake up call, and not the variety of fumes in my place.

Reading by the pool (as usual) is great fun until 14 kids show up.
Apparently someone decided to have a pool party with 14 kids under the age of 10. Rather, 14 very loud, jumping, shrieking, splashing, running kids. When they finally left, every adult breathed a sigh of relief.

Three hours in the sun plus a wine slushie are very conducive to napping.
Though it was an accidental nap as I try not to nap on Sundays. However, I managed to still get to sleep on Sunday night, so for once, perhaps, my body knew what it was doing.


Not even Tim Riggins could save "John Carter."
Finally got around to seeing this and it was truly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Blah. But I also got to re-watch "X Men: First Class," start "Shame," and catch most of the Olympic Closing Ceremonies, which more than made up for the bad action flick and the sub-bar Opening Ceremonies.

1 comment:

  1. Luckily spray paint and alcohol fumes only gave you a short nap. However you might want to consider looking at the last line of your "Pretty Liars" "first season this(the) reason". Fumes might have affected you more than you think !BE MORE CAREFUL!

    Love Ya,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete