Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Flowchart of Worry

This handy flowchart was posted on the Twitter of author Karyn Bosnak this morning. (Though she isn't the creator.) It's a nice concept, of course, but another one of those things that looks good in theory, but in practice, I'm just not buying.

The more I stared at and thought about it, the more I wanted to add my own arrows with questions and solutions. To be honest, I don't know why I didn't think of this before, a flowchart for worry! I mean, it's really quite genius. When it's time to freak out about something, just pull the little laminated chart from your purse and follow the steps. It will significantly speed up the freak out process because everyone knows following a plan is way better than just winging it. (What is this "just winging it," anyway, it's like a foreign language to me.) Of course the steps should be customized, not sure everyone freaks out to a soundtrack of U2. (Though you should, it does wonders.)


Basically, all worry roads lead to calming the eff down. (Sorry for the harsh language, but those are the actual words I repeat over and over to myself when worrying; it's a vital step of my process.)

No comments:

Post a Comment