Thursday, February 10, 2011

Burning up


This is why you shouldn't set your hot iron on the floor, folks. Because under that bandage is a six-inch long burn, complete with steam holes.

If I don't feel like getting the ironing board out, and it's something simple, the bed becomes my ironing board. Thus the iron goes on the floor. This was also my process occasionally/every day in my old apartment. And while I tripped or kicked a cold iron occasionally/every day, I never hit a hot one. Until Tuesday night when I stepped back and hit my calf on a very hot iron. I thought I was being pricked with something at first and, as I thought about what it could be, took a second longer than necessary to move it away. Thus the six-inch long burn and steam holes. It's covered in ointment and wrapped in gauze to prevent infection and, more importantly, scarring. One day it will be spring again and, as the brother said, I don't want people to think I was ironing my shirt whilst on my person.*


*This originally said "I don't want people to think I was ironing with my clothes on." This is why the arrangement of words is important! My clothes are almost always on when I'm ironing.


1 comment:

  1. OUCH!!!! wow...that looks painful!! You know, Aunt Amee burned herself with the iron while ironing her clothes she was wearing!!

    ReplyDelete