Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 208: Sprechen sie Batman?

The last time I saw Christian Bale on the big screen, was at an American cinema on my last night in Berlin with Ashley. It was the first movie I had seen overseas and the most English I heard our entire stay in Germany. (Not a bad thing, the no English, just complicated.) And today Ashley and I, our feet firmly on Virginia soil, saw Mr. Bale as Batman, and his friends, on the big screen in America. No waiting in the lobby until just before the movie starts. No German conversation in the background. No daringly riding the U-bahn without a ticket afterward. I'm pretty sure, as much as I loved Europe, all I wanted that night was home. And today, I found myself really just wanting a little bit of Germany. But it was still fun, both times.

No comments:

Post a Comment