Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 185: Blue Heaven

"It's the same 94 feet in the NBA. The same basketball, the same two hoops. But you can't replicate this. This is college basketball. It's pure. There are no nights off. There is nothing like it." (Sean May)

My love of UNC, of Chapel Hill, "of white old well" and "bell's deep booming tone" needs no introduction. And today was the rarest of days when I got to go to my favorite place on earth and do something new, see something new, the Carolina Basketball Museum.

This is what I mean when I say I'm blessed. (Well, after my family and friends and faith and good health. I'm not that obsessed.)

A small fraction of the pictures I took.

Michael Jordan's letter of intent.
Ticket from the '82 championship game, only $18!Eric Montross' shoes. Just wow.Montross' jersey and me. My favorite player ever. (Sorry David, you are a very, very close second.)
Felton's shoes and court shot location from '05 championship game.Joey and me and the world's greatest trophy.
Pretty, shiny things.Mom and her Roy.

3 comments:

  1. I am not ashamed to admit it I am obsessed with Carolina Tarheel Basketball!. Actually I am thinking about getting a new tattoo which shall be a Tarheel foot!!!
    We have been talking about going to the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the museum. Montross is Shannon's favorite player too. Hopefully, we can see it in October.

    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely worth it. If I could actually live in it, I would.

    ReplyDelete