Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Nothing new to report but I thought I'd check in. One more day of freedom before the job starts - and I couldn't be more thrilled. I like free time but I hate this state of limbo and just want a routine and structure. I may be regretting that two months from now, but I like order.

The last few days have been just exploring the city, walking more than I ever have in my life, which is good. I'm getting a much better feel for things and learning my way around better.

Sunday was spent relaxing in Hyde Park, reading and listening to music. We then headed for Westminster, to see Big Ben and such. I got my first glimpse at 10 Downing, or the armored guards rather leading to it, which I somehow missed seeing last time. Then we chilled in front of the Eye and had a "dinner" of a waffle and ice cream. It was good and terribly unhealthy.

Monday we did some errands, walked a lot, relaxed in Regent's Park, and some more stuff I can't remember. Today we went to the British Museum, wandered around Bloomsbury, and "shopped" on Oxford Street. We did very well, I think, and I only bought a cheap pair of flats that I really really need. :-)

We still haven't moved into our flat yet, hopefully it will be tomorrow. I'm just sick of living out of a suitcase and want to get settled. I guess I'm just antsy to get my life started for real, since right now it just feels like I'm in a holding pattern.

Hopefully more exciting things to report on next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment