Thursday, October 6, 2011

Things I Should Stop Buying: Argyle Socks (and maybe all socks)


While organizing my winter clothes last week, I had to tackle the issue of my sock drawer. And it is an issue because there is an entire drawer and a half just for my socks and tights. The thing is, I get really attached to my socks. In a borderline mental institution patient type way. As in, I: 



  • "Darn" holes so I can continue wearing them.



  • Have a pair of blue plaid socks from the SEVENTH GRADE that I can't bring myself to throw away.



  • Hold on to a single sock for years, assuming its mate will eventually turn up.



  • Must buy any that have argyle on them.




On that last point, I have 10 pairs so far.









 


I actually thought there would be more. Let's face it, I'm a preppy Southern girl, argyle is in my blood. (I also have two cardigans, two sweaters, one sweater vest, and one pair of tights featuring those classic diamonds.) But maybe the argyle is only part of the problem as the rest of my sock drawer looks like this:







Is that a lot of socks? I'm not sure I'm the best judge at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment