Monday, April 4, 2011

Six years ago

I can tell you exactly where I was six years ago tonite. (As can 95% of the people who read my blog.) I still can't adequately describe the range of emotions on that day except to say it was one of the best days of my life. For many reasons. 








Things I remember most:
  • Watching it at BSU, the organization I was a part of for 4 years.
  • Spending halftime trying to get a cell phone signal to call home. And once I made it through, having my brother freak out because I had not called during halftime for the other games and I was jinxing it.
  • Knowing the game was ours when Sean May got the rebound and everyone around me started jumping up and down. And I got elbowed in the eye but it was totally ok.
  • Walking to Franklin with Jan as we kept skipping, squealing, and saying, "I'm just so happy! I'm just so happy!"
  • Running into my former roomie and friend, Ashley, amidst the 55,000 other people.
  • Getting back to my room and IMing one of my best high school friends, which basically just consisted of me typing "AHHHH!!!!!"
  • Feeling invincible.

There is more but I'll end it here for now. And bid adieu to college basketball-related posts until October. Probably.

*I know the time stamp says April 5, but I never could fix it on that camera, my last non-digital camera. Which  ate many of my pictures from this night and the coming home ceremony. Of course, I can't get the date right on my current digital camera either. But at least it doesn't eat my precious memories.

1 comment:

  1. Long time till October..... But worth the wait since next season is going to be awesome!!!
    Love, Amee

    PS the post about bojangles was from me too...

    ReplyDelete