Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Long time, no write

Well, hello there, three people who still read this. It's been awhile. And here's why:

  • A day after writing this homesick-riddled post, the work trip that was keeping me from heading South was cancelled, and a trip home was booked within 10 minutes.
  • But the day after booking the trip, I slept 0 hours and developed a cough. I made it to work only to be practically forcefully removed from the building by my officemates because I "looked like shit."
  • I was able to rally enough to head home that Friday and spend a glorious 36 hours in the Old North State, soaking up some much-needed family time.
  • A day after I got back, still in possession of my Kathleen Turner-esque husky/phlegmy voice and a cough, I also contracted pink eye.
  • Yes, pink eye, for the first time in my 27 years. I looked part Terminator and part Black Swan and spent three days in my apartment with my contact limited to a doctor's visit and many visits to CVS.
  • Wine and sleep helped alleviate the last vestiges of The Plague and I spent the bulk of the weekend happily in bed watching movies.
  • Which was good as the next week was consumed by work to such a degree that I didn't have time to cry, hyperventilate, or drink. Just work.
  • The weekend was busy with book club, a movie (Water for Elephants), bottomless mimosa brunch with Brandie, shopping for B, an epic nap, shopping for me on Sunday, and a play. Whew.
  • And now we are to this week. Which started off rough as well and has been up and down but manageable. 
  • But it's all second tier next to the happenings of this weekend, which starts around 6 p.m. tomorrow when my MOM comes into town! We have grand Royal Wedding watching plans and then general D.C. shenanigans.
It 42% kills me that these bullets are not parallel. But that's a worry for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment