Monday, November 30, 2009

Overheard: My Life

"I've never heard of an advent calendar...is it Jewish?"
-Anonymous friend

I'm pretty sure he or she was joking about the Jewish part. But he or she really had not heard of an Advent calendar before. I bought one after Christmas last year at Target that I had had my eye on all season. It looks like a house and has 25 little doors the perfect size for a treat. (Or two, as I told he or she that I would put one in for each of us.) When I was younger we had one that we tied peppermints to and ate one each day.

I love little things like this.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of advent calendars the other day.. I contemplated making my own, but maybe I'll just settle for eating more candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of people don't know about advent calendars. it's perfectly normal.

    ReplyDelete