Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Happy Place

*Last week was a mess but I WILL finish holiday posts this week.

The weekend after Christmas I spent the day in Chapel Hill! For the first time in a year. I still can't believe I made it that long. It definitely made being there all the more sweeter, but, I don't think it's necessary to be gone so long to make it sweet.

Mom and I started out with brunch at Top of the Hill. I spent so many nights there my senior year drinking with my friends, that it's still kind of weird to be there, during the day, eating food, with my mom. From there we went into a few of the stores on Franklin and all I bought were socks. Seriously. I have everything else apparently.


From there Mom went to do a little shopping at the mall while I took my time wandering around campus. I just love it so much.


I don't always have a lot of time to see everything I want to, but this time I did. I got to visit some places I haven't seen in awhile, like the Arboretum and War Memorial.

 

I took some time to just look up at the buildings, as "500 Days of Summer" taught me, and bask in the loveliness that is UNC.

 

I also made it to the Bell Tower, where there are plaques for the senior classes and their senior campaigns for raising money. (Starting with the class of 2007, boo.) It was very cold but I couldn't resist trying on the Tar Heel.


I met mom back on Franklin and we got cupcakes and hot drinks from Sugarland before heading to A Southern Season. I miss it already but I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment