I've never taken a week to do anything, much less just lie on the beach. Since I decided to go a little voice in my head has been saying, "Ooh, a week-long beach vacation! How extravagant! When did we win the lottery?" (One of my inner voices is a vindictive little bitch. I know you're shocked.)
Of course, I'm taking the train down, staying in a house with tons of family, and sleeping in a bunk bed, so lottery winnings weren't necessary. But I still feel weird even calling it a "vacation." I don't take vacations. I take long weekends to go home or to explore a city. Two days in Chicago or three days in San Francisco are amazing, wonderful, and exactly what I love doing. But I never call them vacations, they're just trips.
So, here are some Things I Plan On Doing While On Vacation:
- Taking work email off phone.
- Spending no more than 30 minutes a day on laptop or iPhone.
- (Possibly) not brushing my hair or wearing makeup.
- Drinking tons of Cherry Lemon Sun Drop.
- Eating tons of biscuits, barbecue, shrimp, etc.
- Sleeping late.
- Reading tons.
- Writing for me.
- Spending lots of time with family.