Thursday, December 29, 2011

Scenes From My Childhood Bedroom: 2

When we moved into our house the walls of my bedroom were, very aptly, Carolina blue. Some time in high school the parents decided we should paint my room. I wanted purple, like the apartment on "Friends," they wanted white. So we painted the walls white.* But as a compromise, they let me paint the doors of the clothes and linen closets purple. 10ish years later and they still make me smile.


*Except for the wall where there were two very large bookcases. Me and mom wanted to paint around the bookcases. Daddy wanted to move them out and paint the whole wall. As a compromise, we didn't paint it at all. Now that the bookcases are moved, the room has multiple white walls, one blue wall, and two purple doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment