Friday, August 20, 2010

Fontana Friday

Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi and Fontana dei Nuttono
Rome, Italy

Well, this is embarrassing. I started to write about a fountain I visited in Rome, and that was seen briefly in a scene in Eat Pray Love, and realized that I don't technically have a photo of it. I have a photo of my feet in it and a photo of one of the "quattro fiumi," but not a photo of the actual fountain. Oh well, I'm writing about it anyway.

After a long day of sightseeing in Rome, and about a week into our three-week European Adventure, my friend and I came to the Piazza Navona. The comforting and cooling waters of the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi called to our limp and lacerated feet. Taking our cues from others doing the same, we parked said feet in the cold, cold water as we Italian-watched and basked in the beautiful Roman sun. And then the Polizia came and kicked us all out, forcing us back on our tired, but now refreshed and wet, feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment