Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow!

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea." (Isak Dinesen)

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat (eww, only a litte), tears (tons and tons), the sea (with no sharks), rain, and SNOW." (Me)

Sorry Isak/Karen, but it's true. The first snowfall of the year has hit the Washington metro region hard today. "Hard" being a relative term, of course, as Northerners scoff at our cries of Snowmageddon in regards to a projected 2 to 4 inches. But this Carolina Girl takes what she can get when it comes to wintery goodness.

Did I take the long way to grab lunch so I could be out in it longer? Perhaps. Have I been impulsively sticking my tongue out to catch a few flakes? Oh yes. Have I not realized I was doing it a few times and got caught by a co-worker and curiously eyed at by a stranger? Duh, this is me, of course I did. Do I care? Hell no, it's snowing!

(I reserve the right to take 95% of this joy back should I fall on my ass tonite or tomorrow. And by "should I fall," I of course mean when I fall.)

But for now, it's beautiful and time to head back out in it. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, Could you please send some down here to Charlotte. I love the snow too!!! Our weathermen suck at predicting when it will snow. All I ask is for one good snow fall and then it can be summer my favorite season of the year!
    Have fun in your snow and please dont fall.
    Love, Amee

    ReplyDelete