Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just keep swimming...

Very quick update as I am exhausted with a hundred things left to do before bed and "CSI" is on.

I got a temp job this week - emphasis on the temp - which I am supposed to be able to keep 2-4 weeks. We'll see. It's a job, it's a paycheck, it has some good points but some bad points too. But I'm just trying to look at it as just another little detour or trial period before the real thing. Which will begin...eventually.

Sidenote: They just showed a commercial for the New England/Dallas football game - does that mean they will actually be showing it? So far the number one downside of living here is that when Washington or Baltimore play, they don't show any other NFL games. Grrr...

I have done little this week except work. I did have a good dinner with friends one night, and hang out with the roomie others, but other than that it's been work and not enough sleep.

But this past weekend was nice. I went into DC with the roommate and her visiting friend. Explored the wares at Eastern Market and walked a lot on the Mall. It was insanely hot for October though, which is really not cool. But luckily...

...today it was finally Fall! Except as I am apt to do when the weather changes, I under-estimated what a high of 70ish meant. I.e. - I didn't wear a coat and no hat, so my ears throbbed for an hour. Tomorrow I will be the only person wearing a hat, but at least my inner ear won't be bleeding. (I don't think my inner ear actually bleeds, but it definitely feels like it.)

I haven't figured out how to respond to comments on here, so if you've left one, thank you. They make me smile.

Here are a few pictures from this past weekend. I will probably start to upload them to my Webshots account at some point, which I still haven't updated with London pics in...a year, wow.

Anyway, lovely weekend wishes to all as usual!

Eastern Market - an area with a various stalls, produce, flowers, etc. on the weekends. Not as Portobello Road as I was hoping, but still nice and worth repeat trips.
Phone conversation with Joey:
Me: I have to find North Carolina Avenue.
Joey: Why, so you can steal the sign?
(While I do really want a street sign with "Carolina" in it, I don't think I'll be making my "purchase" in D.C.) CapitolView of the Washington Monument from the Capitol.The White House and my abnormally large head. As Joey pointed out, had I moved slightly to the left, I would have blocked it. Haha. Until the engraved invitation comes, this is as close as my big head and I can get.
(Sea glass earrings bought at Eastern Market.)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie!
    Congrats on the temp job! Working temp is not that bad....I should know. I understand about only getting certain football teams....all we get is the Panthers. Don't get me wrong...I cheer for them but my heart still belongs to the Dolphins....maybe not after this season but we will have to see. Well have a great weekend! Tonight is Late Night with Roy......Yeah basketball season is just around the corner.

    Love,
    Aunt Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. BONNIE, THAT IS THE WRONG HOUSE... WE DO NOT WANT A INVIATION TO IT. WE ARE WAITING ON THE BIG ONE ...YOU KNOW ACROSS THE POND...I STILL HAVE TH POSTCARD WITH MY ROOM MARKED ON IT. BY THE WAY YOU NEED TO GET BACK THERE THINGS ARE HEATING UP WITH KATE(haha)
    IF YOU REALLY DO WANT A INVITE THERE WAIT UNTIL WE HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT..
    THE FOOTBALL GAMES IS A CURSE FOR LIVING IN A BIG TOWN WITH A HOME TEAM GO PANTHERS!!!!!
    HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
    lOVE, AMEE (GO HEELS!!!)
    PS I WILL BE SEEING THEM COME NOVEMBER HERE IN CHARLOTTE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie!!
    Excuse my french but F*** sports!! Let's talk about something fun...have you seen any good movies? I'm starting aunt luanns book soon, i'm very excited about it. Do send more pictures or tell where youre putting them up at. love you
    shannon
    (DOWN WITH SPORTS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. alright...it's been over a week since ur last update!!! I need to know whats happening!!! HELLO!!!
    Please give me my fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh the last comment was from shannon

    ReplyDelete